10 THINGS TO DO FOR “ME” TIME ON A BUDGET!
Usually during the week I have my schedule that I need to adhere to because, kids! My life is crazy like ALL THE TIME! I never have time to do basic things that I like or want because I have small kids that I need to take care of. Here is a list of things that I need to do:
- Wake up at 7:00 a.m. and exercise
- Get the kids up and ready for school
- Eat breakfast
- Send the kids off to school
- Come home and clean house
- I like to prep my dinner during the day
- Do any laundry that needs to get done
- Entertain my 2 year old
- Pick up kids from school
- Come back home and get homework going
- Dinner then bath time
- Bed time
By the time the day is over, I am SO exhausted! All I want to do is plop on my bed and snooze. As moms, I feel like we don’t get the break that we need. Ya know? I remember for one mothers day, I told my husband all I wanted to do was lay in bed all day and not be bothered! Do you think that worked with my 3 kids? NOPE! They were in and out of my room all day.
So what do we do as moms when we desperately need a break? Hide? Well, sometimes! I usually only get about 5 minutes alone though because my kids can sniff me out a mile away and they surely find me. Look, I LOVE my kids deeply! I will go crazy momma bear on anyone who tries to mess with my kids! Seriously though, moms need time to recharge and there’s nothing wrong with that! So I came up with the list of 10 things moms can do for “me” time when we are on a budget.
- Take a nap(I am good at this)
- Listen to music
- Put together a puzzle
- Do a DIY home pedicure
- Bake up one of your favorite sweets
- Go out with a friend to a quick service restaurant. I am not saying fast food. Quick service are places like Village Baker, Cafe Rio or Pei Wei. These are popular choices where I live in Salt Lake city. It’s great food but for a great price
- Take a nice bubble bath and add a bath bomb in there
- Give yourself a facial
- Go for a walk or run(I will always pick walking because running isn’t my favorite thing)
There you have it! My list of 10 things for moms to do for “me” time on a budget. This is mostly a guideline so you can change things out if it suits you better. What sort of things have you found to be helpful to recharge from the day to day craziness? I hope to hear from you in the comments below!